Thursday, August 1, 2013

TURNPIKE BRIDGE



Bridge In The Forest Free Stock Photos This long bridge has to be crossed to get to the other side of the river. The other side, I wonder what awaits a person when they have crossed? Is it a doctor's appointment, a luncheon date, or a shopping trip? No matter what the reason, this bridge has to be crossed if your going to Monroeville via the turnpike.

It is a new, long bridge that I  now feel safe crossing. It has a couple of pull off places where you can pull off your car if you have car trouble.  Not like the old one that they just tore down. It did not have a pull off in case of car trouble. That bridge gave me the he be gee-bees, especially whenever a tractor trailer passed me, or if it was a windy day. I could feel my car swaying and I had to have two hands on the wheel to keep it going in a straight line, and sometimes shaking with the wind, I could not get across fast enough. My blood pressure probably went sky high at those times.

I'm entering a new decade in ten days. I will begin my seventh year on this earth. I am thankful, but not thrilled with the fact, but it is what it is and I can't do anything about it. When a person enters this stage of their life, they are not at the sunrise, but looking at the sunset which hopefully is  a long way down the road before it reaches the bridge to cross over to the other side. 

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made