Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I TALK TO MUCH









I was very shy as a young girl. You would never know that today, I start up conversations with complete strangers at the grocery store or where ever I may be.

 Sometimes, after the fact, I say to myself "self, you talk too much, you tell too much of your inner feelings to people."

I am in the process of writing my memoirs and my beliefs for my family to read down the road.
 What the heck am I doing sharing it with people I hardly know?
 I have to accept the fact that I put so much of me out there for people to read. Hopefully not too many read it or are interested in what I write about. Thinking that way is a relief. After all with so many hundreds of blogs. I am like a small grain of sand among so very many grains.

I am far from the perfect writer. I need help in many areas. I write on my blog to practice, and even though one or two of you may think I know what I am doing, you are so wrong. Like right now as I type, this it is automatically being underlined and I have no idea why!
 But with this blog I hope to become proficient, of course I have no clue how many years it will take or even if I will accomplish it!

I am involved in two writing groups. When both of them tell me at different times to work on a specific area, you best believe I will work on that exclusively.  I'll focus on that part of my writing and probably will practice on this blog.
My family is the most important thing to me and one day I hope to have put together a book that will be of interest to them.
I have a long way to go before I am even close to doing it correctly. But when that time comes, I will print everything out to read it on paper, then I, or someone will critique it, change it, edit it or all of the above. I know I will add the most popular recipes from my grandmother and my mother. After all food is a very important part of our memoirs.
Then I will separate the memoirs from my beliefs and put together a memoir of my life for my grandchildren and their children to read.





















  

















1 comment:

Megan said...

I think it is wonderful that you want to write down your memoirs. The most important thing you can do is to keep writing.Practice makes perfect and don't compare yourself with others, we are all at our own place in this writing journey. I feel the same way as you, I talk too much too. Writing lets me be gabby whether anyone wants to read it or not. Write on!!

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made