Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FRIENDS -RELATIVES?


YOU CAN PICK YOUR FRIENDS BUT YOU CAN’T PICK YOUR RELATIVES

Many times I’ve heard people say this and I wondered why.  At my age I am only now finding out. Maybe, no, not maybe, IT WOULD HAVE  bothered me big time – this rudeness -but after a few times of rudeness directed at me - I now just consider the source and let it roll off of my back.

Someone very dear to me, who I have known all my life said to me, why do you bother to go to all the trouble of doing this? You’re not going to hear from them for another year. I said oh, no, you’re wrong. This will get everyone together and  bring us close. All we have now are our cousins to carry on memories of our heritage.  But, of course I have been proven wrong.  -  There always has to be one or two, who can put a fly in water.

Then I was asked – why are you the one that always make the phone calls or send e-mails? Why don’t you wait and see if they call or e-mail you?  I said, I don’t know, If I want to talk to someone I just call or e-mail them.  I know now that I am a fool – just because I always think someone is as happy to talk to me, as I am to talk to them does not make it so.  And sometimes they are darn right rude!

Life is too short to be sarcastic to a person. Life is too short to exclude a person from a gathering because of a hang up.  Life is too short to be around people who try to make their opinion of you – your own.

So you stay away from those people – and feel a hell of a lot better.




No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made