Saturday, October 8, 2011

SMILE PRETTY


It never ceases to amaze me to look at people who have such beautiful teeth. So white, so even =, such pretty smiles. Do they realize how lucky they are?
Growing up in the 1950's, braces were hardly ever mentioned, you went to the dentist if you had a toothache, but not for monthly maintenance. At least not where I grew up. As I got older I was more aware of my smile and started to take better ...care of my teeth, but no way can they even come close to looking like the bright fresh smiles that people have today.
It makes me feel good to know we were able to put all 4 of our sons in braces so they could have nice teeth. It makes me feel bad that we had bad experience with our two older sons. The orthodontist said they each had to have teeth pulled so the braces would pull the teeth back in place . So trusting in him we did that and to this day both of my 2 sons have gaps that never filled in. They cant be seen from smiling because they were pulled in the back. My younger two did not have any teeth pulled.
They had their braces on forever and a day - and now they have to frequently go to the dentist because of the damage the braces did to their teeth. Of course I get picked on because of that (lol). But when they smile I think what beautiful smiles they have.
We mothers, we try to do the best we can for our children but sometimes we screw up without intentionally doing so. Moral of this is ~~~ take care of your teeth and those of your family by checking into the background of the dentist you choose.
See More
· · 2 seconds ago

 

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made