Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flowers and Vegetables

 I love to plant vegetables and flowers, what I don't like is taking care of them. I find myself procrastinating in something that I did so easily - watering with the hose.
    You would think it would be so easy for me to water, but alas, it's not. First there is the hose to contend with and its not a ordinary hose. It's the kind that is all curly cue and it is not in a very appropriate place. It's smack dab in the middle of our patio.
    In order for me to water, I have to move chairs, pull the hose off the hose rack (if you want to call it that, it's an old tire rim that I hate) and make sure the hose don't kink up and stop the water flow.
    I do pretty good at first, but then I forget myself and start going further in the yard to reach the far off plants and that's when it happens, the water flow stops. Now comes the frustrating part, I have to find out where the hose is kinked. It's a pretty long hose so it takes a while to find it. When I find it I smooth the kink out very carefully and gently carry the rest of the hose out to the middle of the yard instead of stretching it. I have to aim high for the water to reach the far away plants. It's a pain in the arse.
    Then there are the ferns on the front porch, they not only have to be watered but you have to spray the leaves with water. It does take a little bit of time, but it is so much easier then working with a curly cue hose that kinks up on you, It's really a bad day when it happens more then once, you just want to get that hose and twist it, but you can't even let your frustration out that way, why? -because it's already twisted!
     I am anxiously awaiting my peppers, cherry tomatoes, cukes, and one other - I forget what it is :-) My Basil is wonderful, such a wonderful smell.
My son planted my lilies, he planted them so close together that they are choking each other and my butterfly flowers are waiting for more potting soil. So I still have my work cut out for me,
    And then there is my 92 year old mother-in-law that hoes her own garden, weeds and spades it along with doing a million other things. Yep, thats what makes me feel like a loser, she can do all of that plus more and I can't even keep a kink out of a hose . . . . . . .

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made