Thursday, July 22, 2010

SHADES OF BLUE

Working at the library I have been introduced to many authors, not in the flesh but by their writing.

Why it took me so long to read this author is beyond me, I have seen her books go out to patrons many
times and people have ordered her books constantly. Still I was never drawn to the books for some reason. I thought they would end up being boring or uninteresting.

I can't explain why "SHADES of BLUE" piqued my interest. Reading the synopsis did not even come close in
Preparing me for this heart warming, soul touching book. Who is the author? Karen
Kingsbury - many of you have probably read her Christian books, but I have not.

The story touched my heart, I usually stay away from reading books that affect me emotionally. I go for thrillers, who done it type of books.
But, this, this was fine reading, I loved the fact that Karen put in so many quotes from the Bible. "LOVE WHEN IT'S DIFFICULT TO LOVE" - "BE MERCIFUL"- "-DO NOT JUDGE YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED"
Those sayings hit home because I did judge,found it difficult to love and be merciful and yet considered myself a decent person - I have a lot to practice.

I can't remember the last time my eyes filled up with tears from reading a book, but this one did- I don't
like the feeling it causes but yet the book has warmed my heart and the characters have stayed with
me. It did not end the way I was hoping it would but it did end realistic.

A good way to bring God into your daily life for sure - - -Karen Kingsley writes from the heart - -

I am glad I found her.

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made