Monday, October 5, 2009

YOU NEVER FEEL SAFE ONCE YOU HAVE HAD CANCER

Am I the only one that feels this way I wonder. My husband had cancer in 1988. He was so strong through it
all that he made me think it was nothing. He never ever complained or voiced his fears. 
Boy was I wrong,    IT IS SOMETHING once you have had cancer. With Breat Cancer it is hard to forget
 because you see your scars everyday. Believe it or not that is a good thing. You don't ever want to forget
but it is hell never to feel safe. It is always in the back of your mind.

I just try to take every day and make the most of it. I enjoy my husband, my family and absolutely enjoy my
beautiful grandchildren. They give so much love with out knowing it and make me smile and laugh.
I am blessed that they all live close by and I can enjoy them.

It will be 3 years since my operation in November. The 20th of 06 to be exact. I still have some more years to go before the 5 year mark but lately they have been saying that it is 10yrs.  I will take all the years I am given. God is good - - -

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made