Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Day of Purpose

  People stare at me everywhere I go, it's not because I'm pretty, and it's not because I'm dressed in the latest style. Why? It's because I have a 10 cc incision hernia that makes me look dreadfully fat and at the same time pregnant and lopsided.  I have accepted it. They can't operate because it would be risky and I have gone to more then one doctor.
  If I were younger this would bother the hell out of me. But at my age I could care less, I'm not looking to impress anyone. I work at a place where they accept me as I am and for who I am. I love these people, they are real - - -
   If I were still working where I worked last, I could not say this, as they dressed for show and yes, so did I, I loved looking my best and I loved clothes. I could start a clothing shop in my home as of this morning with all the clothes I have that are in style but I no longer fit into..
   Which is why I am writing this because, today we spent time up in my so called clothes closet, which is actually a spare bedroom filled with clothes on racks and in bushel baskets (yes, I'm ashamed to say, I was materialistic). Why do I still have them you ask? Like with most, I thought I would lose the weight and get back into them and my husband kept thinking that way even when I realized it was not going to happen.
   Today was de-clutter day, and boy did I ever. It felt so good to fill up big plastic bags with clothes to give to 2 different places and three bags of sweaters. Yep, a lot still had price tags on them, and anyone who knew me back when, can remember me always wearing long sleeve white shirts - they were still in good shape from the cleaners wrapped in plastic.
Now  I have a nice clean room to decorate but next stop is the computer room Yi Yi Yi, Yi Yi

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made