Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Decorations

Christmas tree up  - check                                 Baking done - not
Christmas tree decorated -not                            House cleaned - a quarter of it -so not
Inside of home decorated -not                           Outside of home decorated -check
Shopping done - 3/4's of it                                Menu decided - YES!
Grocery shopping done -not                             Cards sent - mostly yes

Did I forget to write something down on my To Do List  - you can bet that I am almost positive that I have - - -
I know many people who make lists and follow them to a tee. I like to make lists. A list keeps me from forgetting what I have to do and keeps me sane and organized. Well, ok, I don't know about the sane part but I like to think it does. I know I still suffer from Chemo brain so without making a list I am doomed.
If the phone rings or someone comes to the door  I'll forget what I was doing sure as shootin.
 Of course I pick the easy chores off the list to do first, leaving the hard ones for last, Not a good practice for sure. So if any of you are thinking of making a list put the difficult or the unpleasant things at the top and do them, the rest will be a piece of cake. Trust me on this

All of the above is trivial if you don't have your health, if someone you love is ill or if your son's best girl's
father died. She just lost her younger brother 9 months ago. Her Dad had been fighting cancer for at least 3 years and his body just could not handle it anymore. Even though Cherie and her family knew this it does not
make it easier for them to know he will no longer walk on this earth..
No time is good to lose a love one but during the holidays it is so much harder. Turn on TV and you see Christmas commercials advertised, put on the radio and Christmas songs are playing.  Everyone you come in contact with are not aware of your loss and wish you a Merry Christmas, it is a Blessed Christmas but not a Merry one for this family or my best friend who just lost her husband.

Let us be thankful for our health, our family's health and not take it for granted. Life is precious so
if you are able to -make the most of it.

No comments:

Dee's shared items

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This time of year makes me think of all of those things I have to be thankful for - - - -
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my health
my freedom
always thankful for friends made